Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My Best Friends Wedding

Saturday I was given the honor to stand up for my best friend Alicia (a close friend since we were 12 years old) as matron of honor in her wedding. The wedding was beautiful!! I gave my speech without stumbling over my words, and the whole day turned out just PERFECT. She was such a beautiful bride. However, a few days before the wedding I discovered that I had the dreaded Shingles. This could not have come at a worse time with the wedding a few days away and a week away from our big vacation. A couple weeks ago I had been complaining about a pain on my left ribs and thought that I had bruised some ribs while playing around with Tayah. Several days later I then broke out in a painful rash in the same spot. It still took me a couple days later to even discover what it was before I made it to the doctor. I was put on some meds. which sorta helped but I mostly just had to wait for everything to take its course. Everyone kept telling me it is from stress but I really didn't even feel like I was that stressed out (not that watching 9 kids under the age of 4 everyday isn't stressful); so who knows what the cause of it all was?
Anyhow, so, the show must go on and with a couple glasses of wine and plenty of tylenol I made it through the wedding and still had plenty of energy to dance the night away. I have to say though, with the wedding behind me, this week I am completely exhausted. I've had something going on every night the last 6 nights so last night was my first night with no plans and was able to finally rest and go to bed early (I think I was asleep before 8:30). Man, did that ever feel good!! I have plans on doing the exact same thing every night with hopes of being 100% by the time we are set off to Disney. I think this vacation just may be the perfect medicine.



No comments:

Post a Comment