Well, I thought I would start off my very first post with the latest and greatest on life with a toddler. Tayah turned two in October and recently we transitioned into a toddler bed. May I mention that Tayah was doing perfectly fine sleeping in her crib and she had yet to figure out how to escape so we had no real reason on moving her out of her crib just quite yet. Although recently when I was laying her down for a nap she said, "Tayah's cage". I asked her, "what?" as I wasn't quite sure what she was talking about. She said, "Tayah's cage, like birdcage." I sorta just ignored her comment but thought, where in the world did she come up with that. The next day when I laid her down for her nap again she said, "Tayah's cage." I was sorta bothered by her comment and thought I cannot have my daughter think she sleeps in a cage nor can I have her repeat this bit of news to anyone else. So, I made a split instant decision to take the rails off her crib. Now if you ask her if she sleeps in a cage she says, "not a cage, a bed."Oh, and did I mention we are on day 6 of no naps!! I really could have done without this transition.



No comments:
Post a Comment