Friday, June 5, 2009

10 Years and Counting

Well, This last month I celebrated my 10 year class reunion at Wild Marsh golf course in Buffalo. We had never really done anything for our 5 year so I was really looking forward to getting everyone together again to see where everyone was at. Ben and I actually had a little cocktail party with some of our high school friends at our house just before the reunion, which turned out to be a nice way to break the ice and to get the party started. I have to say that I do keep in contact with many of my old classmates, we do get together for special events on occassion, and now with the technology of Facebook it is much easier to keep in contact with old friends, which I love. However, there were still some surprises and a few people that were very surprising to see because they have changed sooooo much in the last 10 years (those that were there know exactly who I am talking about) and then there were others that showed up that you were friends with 10 years ago but haven't talked to at all in the last 10 years, but were still able to start back up right where you ended things 10 years ago. It was really alot of fun. My best friend growing up, Lyda, who I grew up living next door to from the time we were 5 to 18 came up from Missouri to stay the weekend with me and to attend our reunion. It was so nice that she got to meet Tayah and to hear about her daughter Ashley, whom were born after we had last seen eachother 4 years ago. I was one that really enjoyed high school and had a lot of fun so I had no hard feelings or hesitations in going to my reunion and really glad that I did. We all had a great time, some of us maybe too great of a time (Ben~ even though he was class of '00. Next time you see him ask him how green #7 is). After the reunion we headed to Perkins for a late night meal (we had two pregnant spouses in our group who needed to EAT), which was funny because a late night at Perkins was totally something we would have done back in high school. It was a great time and I look forward to our 15 year reunion.

The girls of '99: Erin, Sara, Kate, Tara, Kristen, Alicia, Michelle

Tara and Lyda- friends for almost 24 year







1 comment:

  1. Aw, what a sweet post. I'm so glad I got to stay with you Tara. Thanks again! Tayah is adorable...and I LOVE the naked butt story!! That cracks me up! :)

    ReplyDelete