Well, for the last several months Tayah has been asking about getting her ears pierced after discovering that mommy wears these sparkly things in her ears. When she first asked about them I told her if she wanted them she would have to go to the store and get them pierced. She immediately asked "does it hurt" and I told her that it does hurt a little bit and then that quickly changed her mind and that was the last I heard about it. Until about 2 weeks ago she has been asking again, so I explained again what would happen and that it would pinch for a minute. This time the sparkles out weighed the thought of the pain and she was ready to get them pierced. So, this weekend while we were at the mall we went ahead and got it done. She sat so nicely and was so brave. I was quite impressed on how well she handled it. She was a little nervous going into it but was really not afraid. Being bit of a drama queen she did cry a little bit after it all happened but it really was short lived. You could tell she was very proud of them and was happy to show everyone she knew. We first went to visit Uncle Justin who was working across the street from the mall and the first thing she said when she saw him was, "Look, I have earings". Later that day she got to show off her new sparkles to grandma and papa and everyone else at a graduation party. Grandma asked if it hurt and she said, "just a little bit". Such a big girl!!
Tayah "before" waiting very nicely.

Tayah "after" with a little smile and a couple of tears.

Tayah showing off her sparkles later that day.
No comments:
Post a Comment