Monday, March 15, 2010

New Ultrasound Date Set for April 1st

Just wanted to let you all know that I have a new ultrasound date for April 1st. At my last appointment I had some blood work done (this was optional) for the Quad Screening. Which is just a screening giving you the probability of your baby being born with certain genetic birth defects (spina bifida, down syndrome and other neural tube defect effecting the brain and spinal cord.) I did this test with Tayah too and everything came back fine. This time everything came back almost fine. Two of my tests came back with a 1 in 5000 chance (Down syndrome and Spina bifida) but the other test came back with a 1 in 93 chance (other neural tube defects). So, my doctor has set up an appointment for me to have a level 2 ultrasound done in Maple Grove to get a better look at the baby's brain and spinal cord. It's a 3 hour appointment so I know they really go through and really look at several different areas that may possibly raise concern. My doctor said not to worry and that everything is probably fine. She said any score that comes back under 1 in 100 gets flagged and they take a closer look at. So, I was just below that number. I'm sure everything is fine and I know this test will sometimes give you some false positives in the screenings. I'll keep you posted.

Best news is that we will know if we are having a boy or girl VERY, VERY, SOON!!

No comments:

Post a Comment