Sunday, April 18, 2010

My Goal

So...I have decided that my goal for the summer is to at least just once go to the beach in a bikini, BABY BELLY AND ALL. I think it is hard, at least for me, to ever truly get 100% comfortable in this new body. So, I figure what the heck, just get over that and show it off. Ha! Easier said then done I am afraid. It really took me years to get comfortable with my post-baby body which included some extra weight and a few stretch marks to be added but I try and think of them as my battle wounds and to be proud of them. Eventually I did lose the baby weight and eventually I did get somewhat back to shape where I was comfortable again in wearing a two piece swimsuit. But, let's face it I'm not 18 anymore and 30 is creeping up on me WAY too fast. So, maybe not much of a goal but something I hope to do. It sorta makes me nervous that I put it out there and now will have to go through with it but I guess that is the point. Don't get me wrong...when I actually go ahead with this I will be looking for the most deserted beach that I can find. Hey..baby steps, right?



3 comments:

  1. You can do it!! I did it with my first pregnancy and it was liberating!! Gooo Tara!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the 2 piece suit a lot when pregnant with Dylan. If you think about it, its really the only time you can wear one and really "let it all hang out" and not have to worry about sucking in. Enjoy it! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in my bikini the whole summer I was pregnant with Kellan...You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete