Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Lunch

Today I made Turkey and Cheese calzones for lunch. Just took some pizza dough, added turkey and cheese and rolled it so it essentially looked like a loaf. Then baked it until the dough was cooked all the way through. We also had celery sticks with peanut butter and green grapes. My daughter has never been much of a fruit eater, even as a baby. She does much better with eating her veggies then her fruits. As far as fruits go she likes bananas and that is about it. So, she ate her calzone and left the celery and grapes...no surprise. I told her she could be done once she took one bite of each. She proceeded to remind me that she doesn't like grapes or celery. I still made her take her bites which she luckily will do often quite willingly, which is good. Then I said how about a banana, which she agreed to eat. She said mom, "I like bananas, chocolate milk, and chocolate bunnies." Ha! I can tell you exactly where she gets her love of chocolate from. Let's just say it's not Ben. I wonder if consuming a whole bag of Oreo cookies in one sitting during pregnancy with her did that to her? We will keep trying at the fruit thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment