Saturday, May 8, 2010

New Room

Well, Night 1 of sleeping in the new room went PERFECT. Tayah has a new room downstairs and we have been slowly moving her stuff into her room so the new baby can have her old room, since that room is right next to Ben and my room. However, this meant our first baby would have to sleep downstairs by herself. Well, she was excited to get a new "Big Girl Room"and we decided we would give it a try last night. I laid with her in her bed for a little bit until she was comfortable. She wanted me to stay and sleep downstairs with her but I explained how I needed to sleep in my bed and she quickly warmed up to the idea. We had a night light on in her room and in the bathroom next to her room. I also had a monitor on in her room so I could hear her in case she got scared. So, I laid with her for a bit and then told her that I was going to go upstairs for a bit and that I would be back to check on her. She was okay with that. So I went upstairs and got ready for bed and then went to go check on her when I was done and she was already fast asleep. I expected a wake up call at some point during the night but NOPE...and we are still asleep as we speak. Now we just have her dresser and the rest of her clothes to move down and then I can start getting the baby room put together. My goal was to have her sleeping in her new room by June so she was used to it by the time the baby arrived. It looks like that will work out just fine. Here are a few photos of Night 1 in Tayah's Big Girl Room.


Getting ready for bed.



This is how I found her in the morning...still sleeping.


No comments:

Post a Comment