Saturday Ben and I headed to Edina to do some shopping and to dinner. Tayah was with my parents and then later ended up calling me and decided to stay the night so we weren't in any real hurry to be home to get her. We decided to stop at some friends house on our way home from dinner. Remind you, it is still fairly early out and was still very light outside (despite what the picture looks like). We had some bad weather here and there and all over the area all afternoon but it was pretty cleared up at the time, at least where we were. We were just outside of Maple Grove going west on I94 when my mom called and said they were being hit with bad weather and it would be coming our way soon. She suggested getting off the freeway and stopping somewhere. We were driving in blue skies but as we were getting more west, closer to Rogers, the sky was green. There was a huge wall cloud right in front of us with a tail off to the right of the cloud. We pulled off at the Rogers exit and just as we were the sky was getting so dark and the winds and rain picked up. The rain was coming at us sideways. I guess there were 75 mph winds reported in that area. We pulled into a gas station and parked at the gas pump to be protected in case of hail. The gas station attendants were waving people inside to get out of the storm. We ran in and waited it out. As we waited more people were stopping to get out of the storm. We heard as people were coming in that, that little tail we saw at the end of the wall cloud did eventually touch down 2 miles away. I've seen bad storms before but I don't think I had ever been so close or in a vehicle as it was hitting, which was a little scary. It is much better to be in the comfort of your home when storms like that hit. So, we waited probably a half hour or so at the gas station and then took off after the wind died down and storm passed. As we kept driving on I94 the sky got clear and bright. It was crazy to go from night to day in a matter of minutes. About 20 minutes later as we were in the car and Ben joked about me going into labor due to the storms. They say a lot of women go into labor after a storm due to the pressure changes. I said, "Well, I am actually having a contraction right now." It wasn't super painful and I wasn't concerned at all. So, next we stopped at our friends house in Otsego and we were just standing around outside, they were all having a few drinks and I was just focused on these contractions that I thought were nothing and now I am realizing they are starting to feel like something. They were definitely starting to get more intense. Still not super bad but more uncomfortable and much stronger than the little Braxton Hicks ones that I get here and there. They weren't coming on real consistent but they weren't really going away either. Eventually I told Ben that I think I needed to go as I was really starting to get uncomfortable. As we were heading home they started to slow down and were pretty much done with by that time. I'm sorta hoping that helped maybe just a little start some early labor or start dilating me a bit . My brother gets married on Saturday so a baby anytime after that would be fine by me. I'm also 36 weeks this week and now considered "Full Term" so making it to at least that point would be my first priority. I go in on Friday for what I think will be my last ultrasound and a stress test on the baby. We will see what she says as I am officially in the home stretch now.
Update to come on the wedding and baby update soon!!
My best friend Alicia and her husband Jason are scheduled to have their baby girl this Wednesday. Ben and I are planning on going to visit later that day so I will also have pictures and update with that soon. Very exciting and busy week!!



No comments:
Post a Comment