Sunday, July 4, 2010

Tayah's First Twins Game

Happy 4th of July everyone!! We are getting ready for the big Kleinschmidt 4th of July bash but I thought I would quick post some pictures from the game yesterday.

We took Tayah to her first Twins game yesterday. I have to say, I love our new outdoor field but yesterday it was hard to enjoy an outdoor game being 8 months pregnant and with a 3 year old. I know I wasn't the only one miserable because I know I saw more than one paramedic roll by with someone on a stretcher...probably from heat exhaustion. It must have been at least 95 degrees outside (our car said 92 and that was in a parking garage at 5:30 after the sun went down some.) So, I'm not quite sure what the high got to but it was HOT!! The humidity was UNBEARABLE!! My hands and feet instantly swelled up like a balloon and I had to remove my wedding ring before it was going to have to be cut off of me. I haven't had much issues with swelling but I did for sure yesterday. Tayah was miserable as well and when we first got to the game our seats were right in the sun. So, we tried to wait it out a while until the sun went behind us and we could sit in the shade. Luckily it didn't take too long for that to happen. We made it to the 7th inning stretch and then left. I was happy that we made it that long cause with the way things started out I wasn't sure if we would make it as far as the first pitch.

So...the last game that Ben and I went to was a night game, it was much cooler (not 95), and we didn't have Tayah with. I would recommend an early season game or a night game if you haven't made it to a game yet.

We made the best of things and here are a few pictures from the day.

This is before the game started: Hot and Crabby!

The sun went down a little bit and made things a little more enjoyable...still hot.

Playing with a water bottle kept us cool.

They did the kiss cam and the couple just in front of us got engaged. Tayah made it on the big jumbo screen. We watched them kiss and hug the rest of the game. Very sweet!


No comments:

Post a Comment