Tuesday, August 3, 2010

38 Week Stats

So, I had my 38 week appointment last night. I first sat through a stress test on the baby to check the baby's movements and heartbeat. The baby must have been sleeping because he wasn't moving very much so they had me drink some juice and sit a bit longer to wait for some movement. He eventually perked up and we got some movements recorded on the graph and everything looked good. His heart rate looked good and we even picked up some contractions on the monitor as well. I'm still having lots of little contractions throughout the day but nothing consistent or real strong enough to send me to the hospital. Well, those little contractions must be doing something because I learned that this week I am now 2 cm. dilated, 50% effaced, and baby's head is sitting much lower than it was last week. So, quite a bit of progress in just 1 week. I'm happy with that considering I was only 2 cm. dilated when I went into the hospital in labor with Tayah. The difference with her was I was having VERY STRONG contractions that kept things moving fairly fast. So, now we are all on edge waiting for something to happen. I feel like a ticking time bomb...no saying when this baby is going to come. At this point it could be soon or he could keep me waiting for a bit longer. We shall see!!

No comments:

Post a Comment