Well, here I am at 30 weeks. I thought it would hit me by now that I will be having #2 very soon, but it really hasn't yet. Not sure when that will happen but I guess I am ready. The room is set, crib is up, there are bottles (thanks Alicia), clothes, and diapers in the closet. We are working on the name thing. I guess that is all I can do for now. We have Tayah's big dance recital on Saturday. I think I am more nervous about this then she is. I just don't want her to be the kid that runs off the stage crying. But I am giving her the benefit of the doubt in that she is one of the youngest, if not the youngest ones in her class. I think most of the other girls have already turned 4 and she will not until October. It is okay to bribe her, right? Cause I am. I told her that if she does a really good job, tries really hard, and doesn't cry that she can pick out anything she wants at Target. Now you would think this would be a dangerous thing to tell her but she said, "Yay, I want a Princess Barbie". A 15.00 Barbie will be much worth the cost if it helps her get through it and keeps her eye on the prize. We've had many discussions about being on a big stage with lots of people watching and she is still okay with that. I think the only reason I am really nervous is that last Friday we had dance pictures and she was crabby and tired and threw a big fit and refused to take dance pictures with her class. Granted, it was 7:00 at night and like I said...crabby and tired does not go well together when you are trying to get a 3 year old to do something that YOU, THE MOM wants them to do. Oh well!! We can get pictures at the recital. The recital is at 4:00 so it should be early enough that we won't have hit the wall quite yet. Let's hope.



No comments:
Post a Comment