Monday, June 28, 2010

Anniversary Weekend

Well, Ben and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary on Saturday. Sorta hard to believe. The weekend started by Tayah going with her aunt Holly on Friday morning with a day of fun planned and to have a sleepover. She had a great time and called a couple times to keep me updated. She seemed to be busy and having a great time. She talked Uncle Justin into buying her a Polly Pocket while she was there. She must have had that planned and just knew she could work the system and get him to buy her one. Stinker! Saturday she went and stayed with my mom (Grandpa was on a golf weekend) since Ben and I had plans for our anniversary Saturday evening and would be home late. So, 2 nights away from mom and dad. She has never been away from us for that long. I think by Sunday morning she was ready to come home and missed mom and dad....as did mom and dad miss her.
Ben and I spent our Saturday in Minneapolis. We did a little shopping, went to dinner at Fogo De Chao, a Brazilian steakhouse . The food was amazing and all you can eat. Waiters come to your table endlessly with skewers of different cuts of meat and 3 different side dishes. They also had an amazing salad bar. Very top notch service and it was right up Ben's alley and he really enjoyed it. Thank God he enjoyed that cause we also saw Kathy Griffin, which whom I really like and enjoy her show on Bravo, but she is NOT Ben's cup of tea. I knew taking Ben to this show was a risk but he seemed open to going but unfortunately it was actually worse for him than I anticipated. I assumed there would be parts that Ben wouldn't care for or wouldn't get because he doesn't follow her show but he pretty much could not enjoy any of it. In fact, I was even a bit disappointed with her comedy act as I felt she got too political in it and I enjoy more of her celebrity act that she does. Yes, she is blunt and crude which is sorta her appeal and what I kinda like about her. She will tell people not to be offended by her because she makes fun of all people, which she does. I still enjoyed her show but it was a little hard to knowing that Ben was uncomfortable and miserable. Let's just say Kathy Griffin is as far to the left as you can go and Ben is so NOT. Like I said, I knew it was a risk in taking Ben to see her and let's just say Ben will be planning our anniversary for next year. Apparently we are going to shoot trap or something next year and I am coming along. I guess I can do that for him. Sorry Ben for weekend, love you anyway!!
Baby Update:
Well, I have another ultrasound scheduled for today. Just another check on the baby. Mostly to check on how the baby is growing. Baby also has been in a breech position for quite a while so we need to check on that too. I feel like he is still in that position as I am sure I can feel his little head at the top of my tummy and most of the kicks that I feel are at the bottom. He still has a few more weeks to turn but he is really starting to make me nervous (FYI: I am 33 weeks this week and babies will typically turn into a head down position between 32 and 36 weeks, although Tayah was head down way early). I'm sorta already trying to process the idea of the possibility of having a C-section. I'm hoping he surprises me and decides to turn last minute but I still need to keep in mind that a C-section may be in order just so I can prepare myself and don't get too disappointed if that is the outcome. I'm not really happy about the thought of having a C-section and fortunately there are a few things we can try in getting him to turn so I am hoping the C-section thing will be done on a last resort basis only. Fingers crossed that he turns soon!!

Update to come.
Our yummy dessert from Fogo De Chao.

No comments:

Post a Comment